Topical drug delivery
Oil in water and water in oil emulsifiers, solubilizers (oily vehicles, surfactants, solvents) and thickeners at a glance!
Our excipients enable the formulation of all topical and transdermal dosage forms, with attractive textures aiming at improving patient adherence, while ensuring safe and efficient topical or transdermal drug delivery.
Our range includes solvents, penetration enhancers, emulsifiers, co-emulsifiers, surfactants, co-surfactants, thickeners, emollients and oily vehicles.
Main functionalities at a glance
Process and formulation
To increase adherence to skin treatments, it is important to consider patient’s needs, when designing the dosage form. Gattefossé excipients can be used in many dosage forms such as creams, emulgels, lotions, foams, microemulsions and gels.
- Caring for patients
- Bi-gel, opening up innovation potential
- Cream, the most popular topical dosage form
- Emulgel, combining emulsion and gel benefits
- Foam, an emerging topical dosage form
- Hydrogel, in full transparency
- Lotion, low viscosity for high sprayability
- Microemulsion, a stunning potential
- Ointment, for damaged skins
- Patch, for controlled skin drug delivery
- Stick, spotting the difference