Silicones and quaternary compounds are the main cosmetic ingredients used as hair conditioners. They are both efficient, in different ways, but have limitations regarding biodegradability, build-up effect and image. In addition, they are not natural and are unlike the complex hair lipid layer.
Definicire® is an active texturizing agent that recreates the hair protective lipid layer. 100% natural origin, based on functionalized jojoba and sunflower seed waxes, it ensures perfect hair discipline in all climates, and a comfortable smooth feel.
- Increases hair hydrophobicity
- Ensures hair discipline: frizz and volume control, curl definition even under high humidity
- Inhibits the effect of static electricity
- Facilitates combing
- Enhances hair smoothness
- Protects from pollution
- Patent pending
Use level 2%
100% natural origin (ISO 16128)
Jojoba Esters (and) Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax (and) Polyglycerin
China NMPA notified
The ingredient video summary
A biomimetic lipidic composition:
Gattefossé has placed its expertise in lipid chemistry at the service of haircare.
Definicire® is a unique ingredient obtained by interesterification of jojoba wax and sunflower seed wax in presence of polyglycerol. Its composition has been optimized to recreate the performance of sebum and 18-MEA which are known to provide naturally the best protection of the hair.
Healthy hair is hydrophobic. Definicire® reinforces the hydrophobicity of the hair. It acts as a lubricant decreasing friction between hair fibers and improves hair quality in both dry and humid conditions.
The benefits of Definicire® have been evaluated in comparison with silicone oils and a quaternary ammonium:
- The formulation containing Definicire® creates the most hydrophobic film.
- Definicire® provides a humidity barrier and helps to maintain the hairstyle.
- Definicire® prevents the appearance of frizz and fly-aways.
- Definicire® helps retain curl shape and definition even in humid weather.