Multifunctional ingredients that meet desired customer claim and ease the formulation process are becoming more and more in demand.
The specific technology behind Acticire® MB makes it a distinct, multifunctional ingredient with several unique applications.
- Improves formulation stability
- Enables innovative formulations
- Enhances sensorial qualities
- Offers lasting moisturization and comfort
Use level 1-5%
100% natural origin (ISO 16128)
Certified RSPO Mass Balance
Jojoba Esters (and) Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax (and) Acacia Decurrens Flower Wax (and) Polyglycerin-3
China NMPA notified
A 100% natural origin texturizing agent based on a complex of 3 functionalized waxes:
- Jojoba wax: the only liquid wax due to its composition rich in unsaturated fatty alcohol and acid.
- Sunflower seed wax: hard wax made up of fully saturated monoesters that boasts excellent thermal stability.
- Mimosa wax: a coproduct of the perfumery industry softer than the other waxes.
These three waxes have been transesterified in the presence of vegetable polyglycerin, rendering them more compatible and stabler in emulsion, and confering new sensorial qualities and characteristics:
- Physical properties midway between those of liquid and solid waxes
- Softness and spreadability upon application
- Comfortable skin feel that lasts throughout the day
Acticire® MB is a multifunctional ingredient with several unique applications.
This video illustrates how Acticire® MB can be used to introduce water based ingredients into anhydrous formulations.
In this example, an hydrophilic dye is incorporated into water phase to show how it is well dispersed in a lipstick with Acticire® MB.
Acticire® MB brings different and distinctive benefits to cosmetic formulations:
- Forms a soft, smooth film that protects from dehydration
- Improves the texture and application of both standard and natural formulations
- Makes it possible to include water or water-soluble actives in anhydrous systems while allowing them to remain stable
- In emulsions, it can be a substitute for some low HLB co-emulsifiers
Acticire® MB improves application and afterfeel by forming a perceptible yet light film on the skin, thus providing a long lasting comfort sensation.
Capable of absorbing up to 6 times its own weight in water, Acticire® MB forms a soufflé-like structure that presents an elastic, cushion soft feel.
Acticire® MB reduces the sensory impact of layering on the tacky afterfeel when used at 2% in a cream.
Acticire® MB reduces transepidermal water loss, moisturizes and improves the appearance of skin surface (in vivo tests).