Skin aging occurs in two ways. Intrinsic aging is the natural deterioration of the skin with age, while extrinsic aging is the cumulative effect of exposure to UV and environmental stress over time.
With a combination of scavenging and energizing molecules, Gatuline® Age Defense NP protects the natural cellular antioxidant pool. The skin is thus protected from harsh external factors—e.g. UV and pollution—and able to resist the effects of time.
- Provides complete protection from oxidative stress
- Boosts cell metabolism
- Shields from effects of pollution
- Fights extrinsic and intrinsic aging
- Protects hair and skin from UV and environmental damage
Natural origin (ISO 16128) ≥ 99%
Water (and) Juglans Regia (Walnut) Seed Extract
China NMPA notified
Mechanism of action
Several modifications of the cutaneous tissues occur over time and have two origins: intrinsic aging and extrinsic aging.
Gatuline® Age Defense NP:
- Features biostimulating capacities: by boosting cells’ metabolism, it counteracts the slowdown of cellular functions induced with age
- Protects the cells against oxidative stress
- Protects the skin from UVB-induced apoptosis
The scavenging potential of Gatuline® Age Defense NP has been demonstrated in vivo on skin and ex vivo on hair locks through the measurement of the peroxide rate.
Gatuline® Age Defense NP is a natural origin and upcycled active. It is extracted from pressed walnut seedcake, a wasted solid residue obtained after the production of walnut oil.
Walnuts are harvested in the Rhône-Alpes region (less than 100 km from Gattefossé manufacturing site). A long-time partnership with a local farmer enables a perfect traceability of the raw material from the field to the lab.