Gattefossé has developed Emulium® Kappa MB to answer formulators’ need for a multifunctional PEG-free emulsifier of natural origin that yields stable emulsions, offers the added value of greater activity, and creates a unique sensorial identity.
Oil-in-water emulsions based on Emulium® Kappa MB are very glossy and have a rich and luxurious feel. They are easy to apply, have a long play time, create a sensation of comfort, are softly textured (comparable to silicone elastomers), and exert a remarkable, lasting cushion effect for baby-soft, replumed skin.
- PEG-free emulsifier derived from natural waxes
- Active textures / moisturization
- Cushion feel
Use level 2.5-6%
100% natural origin (ISO 16128)
Certified RSPO Mass Balance
Candelilla/Jojoba/Rice Bran Polyglyceryl-3 Esters (and) Glyceryl Stearate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol (and) Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate
China NMPA notified
PEG-free emulsifier derived from natural waxes :
Gattefossé's chemists used their strong knowledge in lipid chemistry to select 3 waxes to develop Emulium® Kappa MB:
- Candelilla wax is a good thickener and is renowned for its ability to retain water.
- Rice bran was chosen for its sensorial qualities, softness and powdery touch, and for its specific, reproducible composition.
- Jojoba wax, liquid at room temperature, offers softness and spreadability.
Formulation properties :
- Allows the creation of voluptuous O/W creams
- Possesses sensorial qualities similar to those of silicone elastomers
- Truly active textures and natural moisturizing efficacy of hydrophilized wax complex and SSL (formation of a protective lipid film preventing transepidermal water loss ; instrumental test)
Emulium® Kappa MB enables the creation of very glossy, rich and luxurious textures with:
- Long play time
- Extreme softness
- Cushiony feel