Moisturization is a key benefit of any skin care product. Textures directly inspired by water can create cosmetic formulations offering users an instant feeling of enhanced moisturization.
Emulfree® CBG MB is a unique ingredient that imparts a refreshing, long-lasting sensation of coolness upon application. It forms a bi-gel, without any surfactant. When applied to the skin, the bi-gel structure breaks down to release the two phases. A fine oily layer stays on the skin while a fraction of the water evaporates.
- Water-resistant (demonstrated in vivo)
- Ultralight sensation
- High tolerance protection of sensitive skin
- Effective make-up removal
- Innovative textures ("quick-break" effect)
- Cold or hot processes possible
- Wide range of viscosities - from sprays to cream
Use level 1-6%
Certified RSPO Mass Balance
Isostearyl Alcohol (and) Butylene Glycol Cocoate (and) Ethylcellulose
China NMPA notified
A bi-gel is a dispersion of an oily network within an aqueous gel, stabilized by a unique liquid surfactant-free system: Emulfree® CBG MB. This lipid-based system is a synergistic association of ethylcellulose with emollients that stabilizes the oil-water interface and allows the creation of refreshing, quick-break textures.
Ethylcellulose, located both in the oil droplets and at the oil-water interface, stabilizes the droplets via steric repulsion and prevents floculation and coalescence.
The absence of surfactant makes Emulfree® CBG MB suitable for high-tolerance formulations with unique properties.
Easy-to-spread Emulfree® CBG MB yields ultralight textures that create a cooling sensation and a quick-break effect. The residual film after complete absorption is almost imperceptible.
Depending on its use level and how it is combined with gelling and consistency agents, Emulfree® CBG MB let you formulate textures from spays to thick creams.
- "Quick-break" effect and refreshing melting sensation
- Light textures, easy and comfortable spread
- Non-greasy, non-tacky after-feel and light residual film
- Ideal for the formulation of ultralight, fresh textures