Quality and Security
For Gattefossé, quality is a strategic driver for progress which is fully integrated in every process we undertake, from research to product delivery to our customers.
Our quality policies are constantly upgraded to meet and even exceed our customers’ expectations. We are regularly audited by all our major customers, and strive to continuously improve our quality standards, as demonstrated by well-prized certifications.
- Our industrial site at Saint-Priest is ISO 9001 certified since 1993.
- An average of 20 customer audits are carried out per year on our Saint-Priest site.
- Our products have obtained several certifications, following guidelines such as ECOCERT, COSMOS, National Organic Program, etc.
- Since 1990, we have been a member of the Responsible Care Program, the chemical industry’s global voluntary initiative for the protection of the environment.
Good Manufacturing Practices
We always comply with applicable Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) for both our pharmaceutical and personal care ingredients.
- As an active member of the International Excipient Council (IPEC), we have aligned our quality system with the joint IPEC/PQG GMP Guide for Pharmaceutical Excipients.
- We are also an active member of the European Federation for Cosmetic Ingredients (EFfCI), and our quality system complies with the EFfCI GMP Guide for Cosmetic Ingredients.
As part of its group management policy, Gattefossé has implemented safety actions to prevent and counter the risks associated with its activities—manufacturing, supply chain, logistics, and R&D—and facilities—production lines, application laboratories, and office buildings.
Particular attention has been given to training and campaigns to raise awareness. Appropriate indicators and action plans are routinely defined and applied.
Committed to quality and safety, we ensure our procedures apply a frame of reference we share with our customers—in terms of systems, standards, and industry regulations.